Selective racking system is the most commonly used heavy duty rack. It gives enterprises many advantages that other types of racking do not have. However, this system may not be the optimal storage solution for your business. To get the right choice, you have to learn about what is selective racking and its characteristics. VietPos Rack will help you through the following article.
What is Selective pallet racking?
Selective rack is a type of heavy duty rack and designed products through pallets. Goods are moved, loaded and loaded by forklifts. This system is commonly used in many industries and can withstand harsh storage conditions such as cold storage with a temperature of -600C.
Selective racking specifications
– Load capacity: 500kg – 1500kg/ Pallet
– Frame: 100×75 Omega, 2.0 – 3.0mm thick
– Maximum height: 18m
– The beam 120×50 arm is 2.0 – 3.0mm thick
– Iron rims 1.2 – 1.4mm thick
– Steel beam bracing bar box 25x50x1.2mm
– Iron tie bar box 20x40x1.2mm
– Base base, 2.5mm protection box
– Powder coating in orange and blue
– Safe deflection: 0.5%
– Material tolerance: ± 5%
– Powder coating: Oxyplast powder coating material.
Advantages of Selective racking
– Selective rack can store a variety of goods with different specifications and sizes. Its design is flexible and can be changed according to products, so your warehouse’s storage capacity is significantly improved.
– Forklifts can directly access to individual pallets you need to take. This makes the transporting process fast and convenient. Inventory management is also simple.
– Warehouse management does not need to follow FIFO or LIFO, as forklifts can directly access to each pallet and does not affect the others.
– Selective rack’s investment costs are lower than other systems. Because this racking is suitable for most types of forklifts, businesses do not need to spend a lot of money on loading and unloading system.
What are the disadvantages of Selective racking?
Selective system only uses more than 30% of the warehouse area, so they take up a lot of space. If you need to store very large quantities of goods, this racking may not be the optimal solution for your warehouse.
Through the above article, VietPos Rack hopes they will help you understand what Selective racking is and its features. If you have any trouble in choosing the storage system, contact us to get free advice from our experts.